A man succumbed to death for the effects of the poisoned food at Bhola Sadar Hospital on Tuesday. The deceased was identified as Siddik Sardar, 70, a resident of Shibpur union parishad of Bhola Sadar upazila. He along with three other family members became sick after taking poisoned food on Monday night.
Relatives of the deceased said five inmates of Siddik’s house finished their supper on Monday around 8pm. Later, around 10pm, Siddik’s wife Amirunnesa, 60, fell ill, and, following her, Siddik and his two granddaughters Nipa, 13, and Sumaiya, 10, gradually fell ill. They were whisked off to Sadar Hospital at midnight where Siddik succumbed to his injuries in the wee hours on Tuesday.
As the condition of Amirunnesa deteriorated further she was shifted to Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital in Barisal. Relatives are suspecting that he and his family members might have taken poisoned food in their supper. Deceased Siddik’s brother Farid Uddin filed a case with Bhola Police Station in this connection, according to UNB. -Mithun