At least seven shops and goods worth more than Tk1.5 million were reduced to ashes in a devastating fire originated from short circuit in Nandangachhi Bazar under Charghat Upazila of Rajshahi on Wednesday night, police said afternoon.
Abul Kalam Azad, President of the Bazar Committee, told the journalists that the fire originated initially from short circuit in Bazlu Variety store and engulfed other adjacent shops.
Being informed, two fire fighting units from Charghat and Puthiya rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control after two hours of struggle.
Warehouse Inspector of Charghat Fire Station Faruque Ahmed said the damage incurred is Tk1.5 million, according to BSS. - Idrak